RP-5217 Real Property Transfer Report/Sales Reporting
We encourage you to use the official Form RP-5217-PDF, Real Property Transfer Report available on our website, rather than unofficial forms available elsewhere. While the unofficial forms may appear to be similar, the resulting bar codes may not provide consistently accurate results.
- RP-5217 Filing Fee
- All Transfer Forms
- Governing Statutes
- Managing Sales Data
- Usability Criteria
- Online Sales Reports
- Sales Products
When filing deeds or deed corrections, Real Property Law Article 9,Section 333 requires that the deed be accompanied by one of the following "state prescribed" real property transfer forms and a filing fee:
- RP-5217-PDF - use for real property transfers in all but one county (Herkimer)
- RP-5217NYC - use for real property transfers within the five counties of New York City (Bronx, Kings, New York, Queens, and Richmond).
- RP-5217 - Use with caution. Some counties may still accept while others require the RP-5217-PDF. Please check with the County Recording Officer, as this form is being phased out.
County recording officers can advise on any additional filing requirements and are not only responsible for collecting the filing fees but also transmitting the fees to ORPTS.
- Form and address for counties to transmit RP-5217 filing fees to ORPTS (RP-5217-FEE-2009)
- Address for counties to mail all batches of RP-5217 Real Property Transfer Reports is: NYS Department of Taxation and Finance, WA Harriman State Campus, ORPTS - Data Management Unit, Bldg. 8A, Albany NY 12227
- RP-5217 Fact Sheet
- Slideshow with detailed information on RP-5217 Real Property Transfer Reporting for County Recording Officers
The Office of Real Property Tax Services (ORPTS) - Data Management Unit staff manage New York State's Real Property Transfer Database containing the last 10 years of real property transfer (sales) data.
Managing sales data accuracy and timeliness is a shared responsibility of state and local personnel across the state. We hope that this web site provides valuable related information. If you have any questions or concerns about the information presented here or any other sales data related issues, please contact:
ORPTS Data Management Unit Contact Information
Phone: (518) 474-1170 Fax: (518) 435-8636