Many New York State taxpayers can file their state return at no cost using Free File. See if you qualify to e-file your taxes for free.
Enhanced STAR eligibility
65 or older? If you're a homeowner, you may be eligible for the Enhanced STAR benefit. See STAR eligibility to learn more.
Credits and deductions
Avoid processing delays! Review our recordkeeping checklists and claim only the credits and deductions you can prove you’re eligible for.
Check your refund status online!
New York State makes it easy to check on your tax refund status.
Office of the Taxpayer Rights Advocate
Are you having difficulty resolving a tax issue? Have you tried other reasonable avenues to seek relief? Contact us for help. Learn more about Office of the Taxpayer Rights Advocate.
- Filing season resource center
- Free File your income tax return
- Facilitated Self Assistance (FSA) program
- Form 1099-G
- Review your tax account balance
- Approved income tax software
- Tips for hiring a tax preparer
- Income tax credits
- Earned income credit
- Driver license requirement for taxpayers
- Forms and instructions
- What's new for 2020?
- New York State tax implications of recent federal COVID relief
- Itemized deductions