Skip headers Skip navigation
newyork state e-file


See if you qualifty to e-file your taxes for FREE.  Nearly 90% of New York State taxpayers can file their state return at no cost.


Earned income credit

Don't miss out on the earned income tax credit (EITC). It's cash that counts—help your family make ends meet.

checking refundstatus

Refund status

Check your refund status online!

New York State makes it easy to check on your tax refund status.

nys office of taxpayer

NYS Office of Taxpayer Rights Advocate

Are you having difficulty resolving a tax issue? Have you tried other reasonable avenues to seek relief? Contact us for help. Learn more.

Disclosure program

Voluntary disclosure

Our Voluntary Disclosure program may help you avoid penalties and possible criminal charges if you satisfy your tax obligation.

Updated: November 19, 2015