Skip to main content

Pay a bill or notice

Can't pay in full? Request an installment payment agreement.

Tired of paper bills and notices?  Go paperless and receive electronic copies of bills and notices when you sign up for email alerts.

Pay using your Online Services account

Pay directly from your bank account for free, or pay with your credit or debit card for a fee.

To make a payment:

  1. Log in to (or create) your Online Services account.
  2. Select ≡ Services menu in the upper-left corner of your Account Summary homepage.
  3. Select Payments, bills and notices, then choose Make a payment from the expanded menu.

An Online Services account also allows you to view your current balance on open bills, respond to department notices, review your account summary, and view messages from the department.

Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express accepted. To learn more about the convenience fee and to read the payment card disclaimer, see Credit and debit card payment information.

Pay using Quick Pay (for individuals only)

Pay bills or notices directly from your bank account—for free!

You can use Quick Pay to make payments toward:

  • an assessment
  • an audit case
  • a collection case
  • an income execution
  • an Installment Payment Agreement (IPA)

To make a payment, you need:

  • the case number from your bill or notice, and
  • the following information from an income tax return for one of the last four years:
    • Social Security number (and spouse if applicable),
    • filing status,
    • mailing ZIP code, and
    • first and last name.

Pay using Quick Pay

Pay an open audit case

If you received a Statement of Audit Changes or a Consent to Field Audit Adjustment letter and have a balance due, you can pay online with our Pay an Open Audit Case online service. 

  1. Log in to (or create) your Online Services.
  2. Select ≡ Services menu in the upper-left corner of your Account Summary homepage.
  3. Select Payments, bills, and notices, then choose Pay an open audit case from the expanded menu.

If you prefer not to create an account, you can pay online with Quick Pay (for individuals only). You can also pay by mail, with a check or money order, to the address referenced in your letter.

Pay by check or money order

Make your check or money order payable to: Commissioner of Taxation and Finance. 

Write the entire ten-digit assessment or case number from your bill or notice and your taxpayer ID number on your check or money order. 

Mail your payment to:

PO BOX 4127
BINGHAMTON NY  13902-4127