Skip to main content

Instructions to Download Form RP-5217-PDF, Real Property Transfer Report

Warning: While unofficial forms found elsewhere may appear similar, the resulting barcodes may not provide accurate results. This could result in your form being delayed or rejected when you attempt to record the deed.

You must download and use only this Form RP-5217-PDF. The official form is only available on our website.

Note regarding New York City: For property sales in New York City, use Form RP-5217-NYC and RP-5217-NYC instructions.

How to download Form RP-5217-PDF

Due to the scannable 2D barcode, you must download and complete Form RP-5217-PDF using Adobe Acrobat. The county clerk will not accept the form if it is completed by hand or any other process.

  1. Select Download Form RP-5217-PDF below to save the form to your Downloads folder.
  2. Navigate to the Downloads folder on your computer or network and right-click.
  3. Select Open with, then choose Adobe Acrobat Reader.



If you have trouble opening the form in your browser window (see the common error message below), confirm Acrobat Reader is installed on your computer and then select the browser you're using below for step-by-step instructions. 

Note: We strongly recommend you use Acrobat Reader version 11 or higher for Form RP-5217-PDF. To download Acrobat Reader, see Acrobat Reader - Requirements and Download Information for Windows or Mac.

Google Chrome    Microsoft Edge    Mozilla Firefox    Safari 

Common error message:

To view the full contents of this document, you need a later version of the PDF viewer. You can upgrade to the latest version of Acrobat Reader from,


family sitting on floor in new home

New homeowners: Register for STAR!

If your home is your primary residence and your income is under $500,000, you may be eligible for hundreds of dollars in savings each year! To get started, register for the STAR credit.

You may also be eligible for an exemption on your property tax bill. Visit Property tax exemptions to learn more.


couple outside of house with sold sign

Real estate professionals: Get the handout for new homeowners!

Realtors and attorneys, as your clients purchase new homes, we encourage you to provide them with this printable one-page handout: Register for the School Tax Relief (STAR) credit.