Skip to main content
Department of Taxation and Finance

Household credit

You are entitled to this nonrefundable credit if you:

  • cannot be claimed as a dependent on another individual's federal income tax return, and
  • meet one of the conditions in the table below:
 Household credit
Filing status Federal adjusted gross income  Credit amount
Single $28,000 or less up to $75
  • Married filing jointly
  • Qualifying widow(er) with dependent child
  • Head of household with qualifying person

$32,000 or less

$20 to $90, plus an additional $5 to $15 based on the number of dependents listed on Form IT-201, item H (Form IT-203, item I) plus one for you (and one for your spouse if Married filing joint return)

Married Filing Separately See instructions for your income tax form

How to claim this credit?

You must claim this credit directly on your income tax form.