The following is a list of recently decided judicial cases that may be of interest to those who follow developments in the laws that govern real property tax administration. We're sharing these cases for informational purposes only. We make no representations as to the precedential value of any of the cases, nor do we intend this posting to constitute legal advice of any kind. We urge you to consult with a knowledgeable attorney before relying on any of the reported cases. As we learn of new cases we'll share them here.
- Matter of Bethlehem Steel Corp. v County of Erie
- Matter of Level 3 Communications, LLC v Chautauqua County
- City of Schenectady v Edison Exploratorium, Inc.
- Matter of Prometheus Realty Corp. v New York City Water Bd. (See the June 20, 2016 decision on this case.)
- NYCTL 1997-1 Trust v Denis
- Mittelmark v County of Saratoga
- Matter of Eastbrooke Condominium v Ainsworth
- NYCTL 2009-A Trust v Kings Hwy. Realty Co.
- Matter of City of Rome v Board of Assessors
- Matter of Howlands Lake Partners, L.P. v Town of Dover
- Congregation Ateres Yisroel v Town of Ramapo
- Corvetti v Town of Lake Pleasant
- Keswick Real Estate LLC v McCaffrey
- Matter of The Apawamis Club v. Assessor of the Town of Harrison
- Matter of The Apawamis Club v. Assessor of the Town of Rye