Assessment Community Weekly 05/06/19
Reminder: Provide your STAR Credit mobile home and co-op spreadsheets by May 17
Thank you to the hundreds of assessors and directors who provided their 2019 Mobile Home and Co-op Spreadsheets. If you haven’t already done so, please use the instructions and spreadsheets available from Send the mobile home and co-op spreadsheets to the Tax Department.
If you have questions, contact your ORPTS Customer Service Liaison.
2018 legislation summary now available
Visit Real property tax legislation summaries for:
- the new Summary of 2018 Real Property Tax Legislation,
- the Current status of property tax-related legislation, and
- more than 20 years of historical legislative information.
Railroad ceilings update
We’ve issued final railroad ceilings for all municipalities where a complaint hasn’t been filed.
Reminder: Until Grievance Day, you can help seniors who missed the Enhanced STAR exemption deadline for certain reasons
Real Property Tax Law Section 425 (6)(e) specifies that assessors must accept applications for the Enhanced STAR exemption until Grievance Day from seniors who failed to file by taxable status date due to:
- death of an immediate family member, or
- serious illness of the applicant or a family member that can be documented by a physician.
For more information on exemption deadline extensions for seniors, see: Assisting seniors who missed the exemption application deadline.
New Judicial cases:
- NYCTL 1998-2 Trust v D & A Equities LLC