Send the mobile home and co-op spreadsheets to the Tax Department
Assessors and county real property tax directors.
|If the tax levy date for any school district in your municipality is||Please submit your mobile home/co-op spreadsheet by|
|between June 1 and July 1||May 8.|
|between July 2 and September 30||May 8.|
|in October (Nassau County)||May 29.|
|in December (Suffolk County)||June 12.|
In general, individual units in mobile home parks and cooperative buildings don’t appear on assessment rolls. Before we can issue STAR credits and property tax relief credits to these residences, we must confirm that the properties exist and that they are the primary residences of the applicants.
Please complete the mobile home and cooperative spreadsheets for all units that are not separately assessed. If we do not receive this data from assessors, the STAR credit checks for these homeowners will be delayed.
- Use the spreadsheets and instructions below to submit data for all mobile home and co-op units that are not separately identified on the assessment roll. We will process STAR credit registrations only for those mobile home and co-op owners who are listed on your spreadsheets, and who are not flagged with a B or E in the STAR Exempt Type column.
- Use property class code 416 when maintaining your files for mobile home parks. See Property type classification codes.
- Provide consistent data each year. Changes to street names and lot numbers from one year to the next require manual processing that can significantly delay checks. We appreciate your efforts to work with the park/co-op managers and owners to minimize these changes.
- Before sending your spreadsheets, verify the results to ensure that all fields are complete and accurate in relation to your input file.
- Do not include condominiums on your co-op spreadsheet. Condominiums are separately assessed.
- Do not submit incomplete spreadsheets. Missing data and blank fields will slow down the processing of credits for impacted homeowners.
- Do not include separately assessed mobile homes (property class code 270) on your spreadsheet.
Spreadsheets for RPSV4 users who maintain mobile home or co-op worksheets
Use the query-enabled spreadsheets and the associated instructions below to report co-op and mobile home units. The spreadsheets contain an Excel query to load data from your RPSV4 tables. We’ve structured the queries to include all available mobile home and cooperative table data, including assessed and full-market values.
Before running the query, review all of your mobile home and co-op data and make any necessary corrections.
After running the queries, verify the results before saving the spreadsheet and sending it to the email address below.
- Mobile Home Spreadsheet for RPSV4 Users
- Co-op Spreadsheet for RPSV4 Users
Spreadsheet for users of other assessment administration software and RPSV4 users who don’t maintain mobile home or co-op worksheets
- Use the Manual Load Spreadsheet. Printable Manual Load Instructions and File Specifications.
- Include only properties that aren’t separately listed on the assessment roll. Don’t add separately assessed parcels to your spreadsheet.
- Review your data and make any necessary corrections before entering your data into the spreadsheet.
- Complete a separate spreadsheet for mobile homes and co-ops if you have both types of properties in your jurisdiction.
- Include total assessed value, full-market value, and taxable assessed value before the reduction for STAR for:
- all co-ops, and
- any mobile homes with full market values greater than $20,000. If you don’t enter a mobile home value, or the value is under $20,000, we’ll calculate the credit based on a $20,000 value.
After you complete your spreadsheets
Please send the completed spreadsheets to orpts.MHCoop@tax.ny.gov. Include your name, municipality, and contact information in the body of the email. If you don’t have any mobile home parks or cooperative buildings in your community, please notify us at that email address.
Contact your ORPTS customer service teams.