Board of Assessment Review training
The educational materials provided below are intended to assist in the administration of training local Board of Assessment Review (BAR) members. The course has been developed to provide information pertinent to the role of a BAR member. Materials include information on the assessment process as well as detailed information on the Grievance Day process and requirements.
Bookmark this page for future access.
If you experience difficulties with any of these files or have questions, please contact ORPTS Educational Services at 518-474-1764 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- BAR Student Training Manual: complete student training manual with appendix and reference materials
- BAR Instructor Training Manual: includes course outline, instructor tips, student quizzes, and answer sheets
- BAR Certificate of Attendance
- BAR Video Training: The video runs for 2 hours and 52 minutes. County directors have the option to use this video for their BAR training. (Note: The video is hosted on YouTube, but is not available to the general public. You must use the link to access the video.)
- BAR Training PowerPoint Presentation: contains embedded video files (166 MB — may take several minutes to download)
- BAR Training PowerPoint Presentation (no videos): video files removed for reduced file size (2.2 MB)
- BAR Training Schedule: We make this schedule available to assist BAR members who are unable to attend the training in your county. Training dates are subject to change without notice. We recommend that BAR members confirm the dates, times and location of any training session with the county contact prior to attending a session.