Assessor's Manual, Volume 4, Exemption Administration
Section 4.02 - McK U Con L Section 4413
Facilities Development Corporation
Exemption code(s): 17650 Year originally enacted: 1968
Related statutes: None.
Summary: Real property which is owned by the Facilities Development Corporation or under its control, possession, or supervision and which is used for the construction or improvement of certain state facilities (see Property Use Requirements below) is wholly exempt from taxation, but liable for special ad valorem levies and special assessments.
- Eligibility requirements:
- Ownership requirements: Property must be owned by the Facilities Development Corporation or under its control, possession, or supervision.
- Property location requirements: None.
- Property use requirements: Land and improvements must be used for the construction, improvement, or modernization of (1) health care facilities, (2) mental hygiene facilities, (3) alcoholism or alcohol/substance abuse facilities, (4) community mental health and retardation facilities, or (5) facilities for the New York State Department of Correctional Services.
- Certification by state or local government: None required.
- Required construction start date or other time requirement: None.
- Local option: No
- Limitation on exemption:
Limitation on exemption General Municipal Taxes School District Taxes Special Ad Valorem Tax Special Assessments 1. Amount No limit No limit No exemption allowed No exemption allowed 2. Duration No limit No limit No exemption allowed No exemption allowed 3. Taxing Jurisdiction a. County or County Special Districts Ex NA Tax Tax b. City Ex NA NA Tax c. Town or Town Special District Ex NA Tax Tax d. Village Ex NA NA Tax e. School District NA Ex NA NA Ex-Exempt Tax-Taxable NA-Not Applicable
- Payments in lieu of taxes: None required.
- Calculation of exemption:
- General municipal and school district taxes: 100% of assessed value.
- Special Ad Valorem Levies and special assessments: No exemption allowed.
- Coding of exemption on assessment roll:
Coding of exemption on assessment roll Code Description of alternative codes possible 17650
Assessment roll section(s): Exempt (ARLM §8).
NOTE: This code should not be used to identify (1) property owned by New York State and exempt under RPTL §404(1), (2) property owned by a municipality and exempt under any of the subsections of RPTL §406, or (3) property exempt under any of the statutes listed under Similar Exemptions below. For coding of such property, see the Exemption Profile for the statute that applies.
- Filing requirements (owner or occupant of property): None.
- Reporting requirements (assessor): None.
- Similar exemptions:
Similar exemptions Subject Statute Health and Hospitals Corporation, NYC McK U Con L §7400 Housing Finance Agency, NYS PHFL §53 Medical Care Facilities Finance Agency, NYS McK U Con L §7421 Public authorities RPTL §412 & Pub Auth L State of New York (generally) RPTL §404(1)
Please send general questions or comments to ORPTS.