07/13/2020 Assessment Community Weekly
Many of you have contacted us with questions regarding specific properties in your report. We appreciate your diligence, and we are researching your requests as we receive them. When we complete the review, we will do our best to let you know the basis for our determination if permitted by the secrecy provisions of the Tax Law.
Leading up to school tax bills, localities using the standard assessment calendar (July 1 final roll and September 1 school tax bills) can expect the following reports later this month or in early August:
- Final Roll Corrections Report (Report #6)
- STAR Delinquency Report (Report #7)
- STAR Credit Eligible Report (Report #8)
Final Roll Reminder
Within ten days of filing your final roll, be sure to meet the requirements of Real Property Tax Law Section 1590:
- Transmit your 15-C files to us (for instructions, see Assessment Roll and Assessor’s Report Filing Guidelines), and
- Post the roll online and provide a link from your municipality’s homepage. If your city or town doesn’t have a website, you must arrange to have it posted on the county’s website.
Reminder: Deadline to request advisory appraisals is approaching
If you’re conducting a reassessment, and you expect to request a utility advisory appraisal, the deadline to submit Form RP-7021, Utility Advisory Appraisal Request is 270 days prior to your tentative roll date (by August 1 for localities using the standard assessment calendar). Please include a request for each year of a reassessment cycle.