Assessment Community Weekly 08/26/2019
Last call to review your sales reports by the August 30 deadline
Please review your sales reports before the deadline because we use that data to begin the process of calculating 2020 equalization rates and RARs. The reports are available in the Online Assessment Community.
For more information, see Sales usability criteria.
On the arms-length report, there is a column which indicates whether the sale is COD/RAR usable. If you find a mistake or need to correct a sale, follow these instructions:
- RPS users: within your RPS file, make the correction and then re-transmit it by going to Standard Reports > Sales > Sales Transmittal Report. Please email the RPS035 to ORPTS.email@example.com. The ORPTS sales database and online sales reports will be updated with the corrections.
- If you submit paper reports, use Form RP-5217 ACR, Sale Correction Form. Email the completed forms to ORPTS.firstname.lastname@example.org or mail them to:
NYS TAX DEPARTMENT – ORPTSATTN: DATA MANAGEMENT UNITW A HARRIMAN STATE CAMPUS – BLDG. 8AALBANY, NY 12227-0801
Reminder: Send any good cause eligibility changes to us by Thursday
On Friday, August 23, our ORPTS Regional Teams sent new lists of Enhanced STAR good cause recipients to assessors and county directors. If you have reason to believe that any of the properties on the list are not eligible for the exemption due to ownership, age, or residency, by Thursday, August 29, send an email to email@example.com with Good Cause and your Muni Code in the subject line. Include the
- Why the property is ineligible
- Property owner name
- Property address
- Property key
Following the five-day review period for assessors, we will send school districts updated lists of approved good cause recipients.
If you have not already transmitted your roll to the school district, please update the roll by providing the Enhanced STAR exemption to the properties on the list. If you have already transmitted the roll, the school district or school tax bill processor will be able to make changes as they receive lists of approved good cause Enhanced STAR recipients from us.
Thank you for your continued assistance!
Presentation to school officials about the good cause process
On Thursday, August 22, we partnered with the Association of School Business Officials to share information about the good cause process with the association’s members, school tax bill processors, and other school officials. View the printable presentation.
New Judicial cases:
- Herkimer County Indus. Dev. Agency v Village of Herkimer
- Matter of Town of Irondequoit v County of Monroe
- Matter of City of Utica (Martin)
- Matter of Liebel v City of Rochester