Assessment Community Weekly 07/22/2019
Tentative Roll Corrections report inquiries
Thank you to those of you who have provided feedback on the Tentative Roll Corrections report that was distributed in late June. If you have any remaining questions and have not already emailed us, please forward your concerns to email@example.com by Wednesday, July 24 and we will get back to you. If you have already emailed us and have not yet received a response, we will be contacting you shortly.
Final Roll Corrections report
The Final Roll Corrections report for municipalities with a standard assessment calendar who submitted their final roll by July 10 will be available on Friday, July 26.
If you have submitted your final roll later than July 10 but prior to July 17, your report will be available the following Friday (August 2). Reports for assessment rolls received after July 17 will be provided as your rolls are processed.
Note: Suffolk County reports will be provided separately. Assessors in this county should watch their email for an update on IVP reports for their municipality.
Review your sales reports by August 30
It’s crucial that you review your sales reports before the deadline because we use that data to begin the process of calculating 2020 equalization rates and RARs. The reports are available in the Online Assessment Community.
For more information, see Sales usability criteria.
On the arms-length report, there is a column which indicates whether the sale is COD/RAR usable. If you find a mistake or need to correct a sale, follow these instructions:
- RPS users: within your RPS file, make the correction and then re-transmit it by going to Standard Reports > Sales > Sales Transmittal Report. Please email the RPS035 to ORPTS.firstname.lastname@example.org. The ORPTS sales database and online sales reports will be updated with the corrections.
- If you submit paper reports, use Form RP-5217 ACR, RP-5217 Sale Correction Form. Email the completed forms to ORPTS.email@example.com or mail them to:
NYS TAX DEPARTMENT – ORPTSATTN: DATA MANAGEMENT UNITW A HARRIMAN STATE CAMPUS - BLDG. 8AALBANY, NY 12227-0801
Updated STAR exemption forms
The forms below are available on our website for 2020–2021 school year.
Form RP-425-IVP is significantly updated to align with the new Enhanced STAR Income Verification Program Tool that we will launch this fall. The form requires several pieces of information for each owner and non-owner spouse so that we will be able to effectively process their enrollment.
The use of From RP-425-IVP is limited to Basic STAR recipients who will become age or income-qualified for Enhanced STAR in a future year. While we expect that the use of Form RP-425-B will be very limited, it continues to be necessary for the limited circumstances described under Who should use this form on page 2.
- Form RP-425-B, Application for Basic STAR Exemption for the 2020–2021 School Year
- Form RP-425-E, Application for Enhanced STAR Exemption for the 2020–2021 School Year
- Form RP-425-IVP, Supplement to Form RP-425-E
Appointment and reappointment inquiry letters
Once every six years, we send a memo to municipal and county clerks requesting appointment and reappointment information for assessors and county property tax directors. We are sending the memo for the 2019–2025 term this week. The memo asks the clerk to provide the name and contact information for newly appointed and reappointed assessment officials.
New Judicial case:
- Matter of 3 Del. Group LLC v Broome County