Assessment Community Weekly 07/01/19
Final Roll reminders
Within ten days of filing your final roll, be sure to meet the requirements of Real Property Tax Law Section 1590:
- Transmit your 15-C files to us (see below)
- Post the roll online and provide a link from your municipality’s homepage. If your city or town doesn’t have a website, you must arrange to have it posted on the county’s website.
New this year – On Tuesday, June 25, we announced that the Tentative Roll Corrections Report was available. On Friday, we provided you with a guidance document to explain why there were changes since the previous report and what actions you should take.
Before transmitting your 15-C files, please update the file based on the Tentative Roll Corrections Report. If you don’t make the changes, property owners could end up receiving bills for the difference between the Enhanced and Basic STAR benefits. The law authorizes you to make the changes without correction of errors or the board of assessment review.
After we receive your final roll, as soon as possible we’ll provide you with the Final Roll Corrections Report. That report will include only those properties where our determination did not appear on the final roll.
Thank you for your patience and assistance in the first year of the expanded Enhanced STAR Income Verification Program.
New Judicial cases:
- Kuzmich v 50 Murray St. Acquisition LLCNew
- Matter of MSK Realty Interests, LLC v Department of Fin. of City of New York
- Verizon N. Y., Inc., etc. v Supervisors of Town of N. Hempstead
- Keyspan Gas E. Corp., etc. v Supervisor of Town of N. Hempstead-8194/10
- Keyspan Gas E. Corp., etc. v Supervisor of Town of N. Hempstead-7269/02