Assessment Community Weekly 07/16/18
The dry summer heat may be taking a toll on your lawn, but new IVP web content is flourishing! But first…
Final roll reminder
If you haven’t already done so:
- Transmit your final roll to the Tax Department.
- Post the roll online.
- Provide a link from your municipality’s homepage. If your city or town doesn’t have a website, you must arrange to have the link posted on the county’s website.
See Real Property Tax Law § 1590.
New IVP webpages for assessors and property owners
To assist you and the older adults in your community with the changes to the Enhanced STAR and senior citizens exemptions, we created four new webpages.
- Administering the Enhanced STAR Income Verification Program
- Enhanced STAR Income Verification Program: Questions and answers for assessors (includes answers to dozens of your questions from the recent 2019 Mandatory Enhanced STAR Income Verification Program webinars—recorded and printable)
For property owners:
- Enhanced STAR Income Verification Program (IVP)
- Enhanced STAR Income Verification Program (IVP): Questions and answers for property owners
Form RP-467-Rnw is now available, along with the RP-425 and RP-467 series that we announced last week (see Enhanced STAR and Senior Citizens Applications Now Available).
We’re in the process of adding the updated forms to RPSV4.
We’ll provide you with renewal letter templates, which will be available in RPSV4, as well as on our website in Word format.
In addition, we’re finalizing posters and pamphlets for your offices.