In order to request reimbursement, eligible assessors and county directors must complete and submit the forms contained within the voucher packet. Listed below are the required forms and instructions.
- Form AC3257-S, Claim for Travel Reimbursement by a Non-Employee (See Instructions for Form AC3257-S); and
- if you are claiming mileage reimbursement, Form AC160-S, Statement of Automobile Travel (see Instructions for Form AC160-S for more information).
Reimbursement for Necessary and reasonable training expenses is available to appointed and sole elected assessors1, members of elected boards of assessors, and county directors of Real Property Tax Services.
Please send completed voucher forms to:
NYS DEPARTMENT OF TAXATION AND FINANCE
OFFICE OF REAL PROPERTY TAX SERVICES (ORPTS)
EDUCATIONAL SERVICES—BUILDING 8A
WA HARRIMAN STATE CAMPUS
ALBANY NY 12227-0801
- Form ST-129, New York State and Local Sales and Use Tax Exemption Certificate
- Rates schedule: October 1, 2020–September 30, 2021
- Rates schedule: October 1, 2021–September 30, 2022
- Mileage rate
- Reimbursement guidelines
- Reimbursement answers
If you have a question, please call 518-474-1764 or email Educational Services.
1Village assessors and assessors in Albany, Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse, Yonkers, and Nassau County are excluded.
NYC assessors may be reimbursed under limited circumstances and should contact ORPTS for prior approval of training.