In order to request reimbursement, eligible assessors and county directors must complete and submit the forms contained within the voucher packet. Listed below are the required forms and instructions.
- Form AC3257-S, Claim for Travel Reimbursement by a Non-Employee (see Instructions for Form AC3257-S for more information); and
- if you are claiming mileage reimbursement, Form AC160-S, Statement of Automobile Travel (see Instructions for Form AC160-S for more information).
Please send completed voucher forms to:
NYS DEPARTMENT OF TAXATION AND FINANCE
OFFICE OF REAL PROPERTY TAX SERVICES (ORPTS)
EDUCATIONAL SERVICES—BUILDING 8A
WA HARRIMAN STATE CAMPUS
ALBANY NY 12227
Additional information, including rates, is provided below:
- Instructions for Form AC3257-S, Claim for Travel Reimbursement by a Non-Employee
- Tax exemption certificate
- Rates schedule for classes after October 1, 2019
- Mileage rate
- Reimbursement answers
Reimbursement for necessary and reasonable training expenses is available to appointed and sole elected assessors1, members of elected boards of assessors, and county directors of Real Property Tax Services.
If you have a question, please call 518-474-1764 or email Educational Services.
1Village assessors and assessors in Albany, Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse, Yonkers, and Nassau County are excluded.
NYC assessors may be reimbursed under limited circumstances and should contact ORPTS for prior approval of training.