07/06/2020 Assessment Community Weekly
If you’ve published your final roll, congratulations to you!
STAR reports: What’s next
Leading up to school tax bills, localities using the standard assessment calendar can expect the following reports later this month or in early August:
- Final Roll Corrections Report (Report #6)
- STAR Delinquency Report (Report #7)
- STAR Credit Eligible Report (Report #8)
It’s never too early to review your Sales Reports
If you’ll have a break before SCAR filings, this is a great time to begin reviewing your Sales Reports. The deadline is August 31, but don’t delay. Your timely review is very important because we’ll use the sales data to begin the process of calculating 2021 equalization rates and RARs.
The reports are available in the Online Assessment Community.
For more information, see Sales usability criteria.
On the arms-length report, there is a column which indicates whether the sale is COD/RAR usable. If you find a mistake or need to correct a sale, follow these instructions:
- RPS users: within your RPS file, make the correction and then re-transmit it by going to Standard Reports > Sales > Sales Transmittal Report. Please email the RPS035 to ORPTS.firstname.lastname@example.org. The ORPTS sales database and online sales reports will be updated with the corrections.
- If you submit paper reports, use Form RP-5217 Sale Correction Form. Email the completed forms to ORPTS.email@example.com or mail them to:
NYS TAX DEPARTMENT – ORPTS
ATTN: DATA MANAGEMENT UNIT
W A HARRIMAN STATE CAMPUS - BLDG. 8A
ALBANY, NY 12227-0801
2019 Exemptions Report now available
You can click through Exemptions from Real Property Taxation in New York State: 2019 County, City, and Town Assessment Rolls, or you can download a printable pdf. You can access the report data at the statewide, county, or municipal level. The report includes many interesting statistics and tables regarding partial exemptions, exemption types, and related topics.
We've added SNL Capital Partners, LLC v City of New York to the new judicial cases.
If you know of local judicial cases that may be of interest to your peers, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org. If appropriate, we’ll share them here and include a link to them on our site.