Assessor's Manual, Volume 4, Exemption Administration
Section 4.03 - McK U Con L Section 7400
NYC Health and Hospitals Corporation
Exemption Code(s): 13950
Year Originally Enacted: 1969
Related Statutes: HHC (Ch. 1016, L. 1969)
Summary: Real property owned by the NYC Health and Hospitals Corporation or under its jurisdiction, control or supervision is wholly exempt from taxation, but liable for special assessments.
- Eligibility requirements:
- Ownership requirements: Property must be owned by the NYC Health and Hospitals Corporation or under its jurisdiction, control or supervision.
- Property location requirements: Property must be located in New York City.
- Property use requirements: None.
- Certification by state or local government: None required.
- Required construction start date or other time requirement: None.
- Local option: No.
- Limitation on exemption:
Limitation on exemption General Municipal Taxes School District Taxes Special Ad Valorem Levies Special Assessments 1. Amount No limit No limit NA No exemption allowed 2. Duration No limit No limit NA No exemption allowed 3. Taxing Jurisdiction a. City Ex NA NA Tax b. School District NA Ex NA NA Ex-Exempt Tax-Taxable NA-Not Applicable
- Payments in lieu of taxes: None required.
- Calculation of exemption:
- General municipal and school district taxes: 100% of assessed value.
- Special Ad Valorem Levies and special assessments: No exemption allowed.
- Coding of exemption on assessment roll:
Coding of exemption on assessment roll Code Description of Alternative Codes Possible 13950
Assessment roll section(s): Exempt.
Note: This code should not be used to identify (1) property owned by New York State and exempt under RPTL §404(1), (2) property owned by a municipality and exempt under any of the subsections of RPTL §406, or (3) property that is exempt under any of the statutes listed under Similar Exemptions below. For coding of such property, see the Exemption Profile for the statute that applies.
- Filing requirements (owner or occupant of property): None.
- Reporting requirements (assessor): None.
- Similar exemptions:
Similar exemptions Subject Statute Facilities Development Corporation McK U Con L §4413 Housing Finance Agency, NYS PHFL §53 Medical Care Facilities Finance Agency, NYS McK U Con L §7421 Municipal corporations RPTL §406(1) Public authorities RPTL §412 & Pub Auth L
Please send general questions or comments to ORPTS.