Assessor's Manual, Volume 4, Exemption Administration
Section 4.03 - Racing L Section 513
Regional Off Track Betting Corporations
Exemption code(s): 13970 Year originally enacted: 1973
Related statutes: None
Summary: Real property owned by a regional off-track betting corporation outside New York City is wholly exempt from taxation but is liable for special ad valorem levies and special assessments.
- Eligibility requirements:
- Ownership requirements: Property must be owned by a regional off-track betting corporation.
- Property location requirements: Property must be located outside New York City.
- Property use requirements: Property used other than for off-track pari-mutuel betting purposes is not exempt.
- Certification by state or local government: None required.
- Required construction start date or other time requirement: None.
- Local option: No.
- Limitation on exemption:
Limitation on exemption General Municipal Taxes School District Taxes Special Ad Valorem Tax Special Assessments 1. Amount No limit No limit No exemption allowed No exemption allowed 2. Duration No limit No limit No exemption allowed No exemption allowed 3. Taxing Jurisdiction a. County or County Special Districts Ex NA Tax Tax b. City Ex NA NA Tax c. Town or Town Special District Ex NA Tax Tax d. Village Ex NA NA Tax e. School District NA Ex NA NA Ex-Exempt Tax-Taxable NA-Not Applicable
- Payments in lieu of taxes: None required.
- Calculation of exemption:
- General municipal and school district taxes: 100% of assessed value except for that portion of the property not used for off-track pari-mutuel betting purposes.
- Special Ad Valorem Levies and special assessments: No exemption allowed.
- Coding of exemption on assessment roll:
Coding of exemption on assessment roll Code Description of Alternative Codes Possible 13970
Assessment roll section(s): Exempt (RPS § 8).
NOTE: This code should not be used to identify property that is exempt under any of the statutes listed under Similar Exemptions below. For coding of such property, see the Exemption Profile for the statute that applies.
- Filing requirements (owner or occupant of property): None.
- Reporting requirements (assessor): None.
- Similar exemptions:
Similar exemptions Subject Statute NYC Off-Track Betting Corporation Racing L §617
Please send general questions or comments to ORPTS.