Assessor's Manual, Volume 4, ExemptionAdministration
Section 4.02 - Bnkg L Section 420-e
NYS Savings and Loan Insurance Fund
Exemption Code(s): 12400 Year Originally Enacted: 1966
Related Statutes: None
SUMMARY: Real property that (1) is owned by the NYS Savings and Loan Insurance Fund and (2) is used for facilities that insure the savings accounts of eligible savings and loan associations is wholly exempt from taxation, but liable for special ad valorem levies and special assessments.
- ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Ownership Requirements: Property must be owned by the NYS Savings and Loan Insurance Fund.
- Property Location Requirements: None.
- Property Use Requirements: Land and improvements must be used for facilities that insure the savings accounts of eligible savings and loan associations.
- Certification by State or Local Government: None required.
- Required Construction Start Date or Other Time Requirement: None.
- LOCAL OPTION: No.
- LIMITATION ON EXEMPTION:
1. Amount No
2. Duration No
3. Taxing Jurisdiction a. County or County
Ex NA Tax Tax b. City Ex NA NA Tax c. Town or Town
Ex NA NA Tax d. Village Ex NA Tax Tax e. School District NA Ex NA NA Ex-Exempt Tax-Taxable NA-Not Applicable
- PAYMENTS IN LIEU OF TAXES: None required.
- CALCULATION OF EXEMPTION:
- General Municipal and School District Taxes: 100% of assessed value.
- Special Ad Valorem Levies and Special Assessments: No exemption allowed.
- CODING OF EXEMPTION ON ASSESSMENT ROLL:
Code Description of Alternative Codes Possible 12400
Assessment Roll Section(s): Exempt (ARLM Section 8).
NOTE: this exemption code should not be used to identify property that is exempt under any of the statutes listed under Similar Exemptions below. For coding of such property, see the Exemption Profile for the statute that applies.
- FILING REQUIREMENTS (Owner or Occupant of Property): None.
- REPORTING REQUIREMENTS (Assessor):None.
- SIMILAR EXEMPTIONS:
Subject Statute Public authorities RPTL §412 & Pub Auth L State of New York (generally) RPTL §404(1)
Please send general questions or comments to Orpts Solutions Center.