Direct deposit of your income tax refund
Sign up to receive Tax Tips for Individuals.
Direct deposit is the easiest, fastest way to get your refund. Combine e-file with direct deposit to:
- receive your refund faster
- reduce trips to the bank
- get peace of mind—no lost or undeliverable checks
Set up direct deposit (see sample check below)
- Enter your bank's nine-digit routing number on the return you're filing. You can find your checking account routing number on a check. Your bank can provide your savings account routing number.
- Enter your bank account number on the return you're filing (up to 17 characters). Don't include your check number.
- Your savings account number is available on your pre-printed deposit slips, your passbook, or other bank records.
- If you create an Online Services account and sign up to receive email notifications, we'll send you an email notifying you when we issue your refund.
- If you're signed up for email notifications and requested a direct deposit that can't be deposited in your account, we'll send you an email when the paper check has been issued.
- Also see Filing tips and Check your refund status online 24/7.
Issues with direct deposit?
If you chose to receive your refund by direct deposit and:
- you have changed banks or closed your bank account, contact us at 518-457-5181 to provide us with your updated banking information; you may not receive your refund if your information isn’t correct.
- you originally submitted incorrect ACH information, contact us at 518-457-5181 to provide us with the proper banking information so we can better assist you.