Direct deposit of your income tax refund
Direct deposit is the easiest, fastest way to get your refund. Combine e-file with direct deposit to:
- receive your refund in as little as 14 days
- avoid bank waiting lines
- get peace of mind -- no lost or undeliverable checks
Set up direct deposit (see sample check below):
- Enter your bank's nine-digit routing number on the return you're filing. Your bank can provide your savings account routing number. You can find your checking account routing number on a check.
- Enter your bank account number on the return you're filing (up to 17 characters). You can't use more than one account. Don't include your check number.
- Your savings account number is available on your preprinted deposit slips, your passbook, or other bank records.
- We'll send you an email notifying you when we issue your refund if you create an Online Services account and sign up to receive email notifications.
- If you're signed up for email notifications and requested a direct deposit that can't be deposited in your account, we'll send you an email when the paper check has been issued.
- Also see Filing tips and Income Tax Refund Status.