Skip universal navigation

New York State Universal header

Skip to main content

Form IT-214, Claim for Real Property Tax Credit

2017 income tax forms are coming soon!

The following forms for tax year 2017 will be available in January 2018:

  • IT-201, Resident Income Tax Return (instructions
  • IT-203, Nonresident and Part-Year Resident Income Tax Return (instructions
  • IT-214, Claim for Real Property Tax Credit 
  • NYC-208, Claim for New York City Enhanced Real Property Tax Credit 

Do not use a prior-year form to file for tax year 2017.

Can I e-file Form IT-214?

Yes! You can prepare and e-file your credit claim with or without an income tax return.

Can I Free File Form IT-214?

If your income was $66,000 or less in 2017—yes!  

You don't need to wait until mid-January to get started; review the IRS guide How to get started and gather the documents and information you'll need to prepare your return. We'll add software options for tax year 2017 at the start of the filing season in mid-January 2018.

For information about Free File, see Free File Alliance.

If you earned more than $66,000 in 2017, see Other e-file options to learn about your electronic filing options.

Free File image

Not ready to file electronically?

Paper Form IT-214, Claim for Real Property Tax Credit, is not yet available for the 2017 tax year. Check back in January 2018 to access this form when it becomes available.