Recordkeeping: farmers' school tax credit
When claiming this credit, you must keep the following required documentation for your records:
- copies of all school tax bills
- copies of canceled checks or other supporting documentation as proof of payment
- organizational chart that includes entity names, identification numbers, and percentage of ownership
- if any tax bills include residential or non-qualifying property, documentation about the non-eligible acreage and taxes included in the bill
- if any tax bills are for property that you are not the owner of, copies of the land sales contract
Note: We may require additional information based on the specific facts of your credit claim.
To claim the credit, you’ll need to file either:
- Form CT-47, Claim for Farmers' School Tax Credit, if you’re a corporation; or
- Form IT-217, Claim for Farmers' School Tax Credit, if you’re not a corporation.
See Farmers’ school tax credit for detailed information about the credit and to access the credit forms.