Skip to main content

Recordkeeping: farmers' school tax credit

When claiming this credit, you must keep the following required documentation for your records:

  • copies of all school tax bills
  • copies of canceled checks or other supporting documentation as proof of payment
  • organizational chart that includes entity names, identification numbers, and percentage of ownership
  • if any tax bills include residential or non-qualifying property, documentation about the non-eligible acreage and taxes included in the bill
  • if any tax bills are for property that you are not the owner of, copies of the land sales contract

Note: We may require additional information based on the specific facts of your credit claim.

To claim the credit, you’ll need to file either:

  • Form CT-47, Claim for Farmers' School Tax Credit, if you’re a corporation; or
  • Form IT-217, Claim for Farmers' School Tax Credit, if you’re not a corporation.

See Farmers’ school tax credit for detailed information about the credit and to access the credit forms.