Farmers’ school tax credit
You're entitled to this refundable credit if you or your business:
- is engaged in the business of farming
- paid school district property taxes on qualified agricultural property
How much is the credit?
- The credit amount depends on the amount of qualified acres and the amount of school district property taxes paid.
Taxpayers must prove entitlement to tax credits. During the course of an audit, you may be required to provide documentation to substantiate entitlement based on the specific facts of your tax credit claim. See Farmers school tax credit recordkeeping requirements for more information on the recordkeeping requirements for this credit.
For additional information on claiming this credit, see:
- Form CT-47, Claim for Farmers' School Tax Credit, and its instructions, Form CT-47-I (for corporations); or
- Form IT-217, Claim for Farmers' School Tax Credit, and its instructions, Form IT-217-I (for all others)