Skip to main content

Power of attorney and other authorizations

If you want someone to talk to the department for you, you will need to send us a power of attorney.

A power of attorney is a legal document that allows you to appoint an individual or individuals to represent you before the department.

If you are a legally appointed fiduciary, you must submit evidence of your authority to act for the taxpayer. For more information, see What you can file: Other documents.

Select from the categories below to learn about powers of attorney.

What you can file

How to submit

How to revoke a power of attorney or withdraw from representation