Estimated tax law changes
Changes for 2017
- Chapter 59 (Part C) of the Laws of 2017 amended Tax Law §§ 606(ggg) and 1304(a) and § 11-1701(a) of the Administrative Code of the City of New York. The amendments eliminate the personal income tax rate reduction relating to the School Tax Reduction (STAR) Program for New York City taxpayers with city taxable income of $500,000 or less, offset by an expansion of the existing New York City school tax credit to provide an additional amount to individuals with New York City taxable income of $500,000 or less. These amendments apply to tax years beginning on or after January 1, 2017. For additional information, see the instructions for the estimated tax form you are filing, below.
- The 2017 New York State standard deduction and tax rate schedules have been adjusted to reflect the cost of living adjustment required under the Tax Law.
Determine the estimated tax amount that you should pay by completing:
- Form IT-2105-I, Instructions for Form IT-2105, Estimated Tax Payment Voucher for Individuals
- Form IT-2106-I, Instructions for Form IT-2106, Estimated Income Tax Payment Voucher for Fiduciaries
- Join our Subscription Service for e-mail updates about new information or check this page again
- See our estimated tax page
- Call our Personal Income Tax Information Center