Recovery tax credit
Who is eligible?
You are entitled to this refundable credit if you or your business:
- has been certified by the New York State Office of Addiction Services and Supports (NYS OASAS) and employs eligible individuals in recovery from a substance use disorder in part-time and full-time positions in New York State, and
- has received a certificate of tax credit issued by NYS OASAS, and
- has met the following criteria:
- the eligible individual must work a minimum of 500 hours for you,
- the credit cannot exceed $2,000 per individual,
- the credit can only be claimed one time per individual, and
- hours worked by multiple eligible individuals may not be combined to meet any of these requirements.
How much is the credit?
The recovery tax credit is $1 for each hour worked by an eligible individual, beginning with the date of hire through:
- the end of the tax year in which the hiring occurred, or
- the tax year immediately succeeding the hiring year.
- NYS Office of Addiction Services and Supports: Recovery Friendly Workplace Tax Credit
- Form CT-651, Recovery Tax Credit, and its instructions (for corporations)
- Form IT-651, Recovery Tax Credit, and its instructions (for all others)