Credit for rehabilitation expenses for historic barns
Who is eligible?
You are entitled to this credit if:
- you or your business has qualified rehabilitation expenditures paid or incurred within the five years immediately preceding the year in which the credit is claimed; and
- you applied for and received a Certificate of Completion from New York State Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation. For more information about the qualifications and application process, visit NYS Parks, Recreation & Historic Preservation: Tax Credit Programs.
The credit for rehabilitation expenses for historic barns is available only to taxpayers subject to tax under Article 22. The credit is not available to corporations subject to tax under Article 9-A.
How much is the credit?
- The credit is 25% of the qualified expenditures listed on a Certificate of Completion issued by New York State Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation.
- The credit is refundable for new businesses.
- Form IT-212-ATT, Claim for Historic Barn Rehabilitation Credit and Employment Incentive Credit, and its instructions.
To learn about other New York State tax credits available to businesses, see Business incentives.