Additional Restaurant Return-to-Work Tax Credit (for 2022 tax years)
Who is eligible?
You are entitled to this refundable credit if your small business:
- is a New York State restaurant that suffered economic harm as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, and
- received a restaurant return-to-work credit for your 2021 tax year, and
- did not cease operations on or before March 31, 2022, and
- received a certificate of tax credit from Empire State Development (ESD).
How much is the credit?
The additional restaurant return-to-work credit is $5,000 for each full-time equivalent employee increase that is more than 10 but no more than 20, up to a maximum amount of $50,000 per business. The employment period must be the same period you used to compute your 2021 restaurant return-to-work credit.
How do I claim the credit?
Using the information from your additional restaurant return-to-work certificate of tax credit, complete either Form IT-658 or CT-658 Additional Restaurant Return-to-Work Credit, and file it with your 2022 tax return.
Note: If you received your additional restaurant return-to-work credit as an advanced payment, you must reconcile your advance payment when filing your 2022 return.
- Form CT-658, Additional Restaurant Return-to- Work Credit, and its instructions (for corporations)
- Form IT-658, Additional Restaurant Return-to- Work Credit, and its instructions (for all others)