Resolve a past-due notice
You must electronically file a return and pay taxes for each calendar quarter for each medallion you own. If your returns aren't up to date, you will receive a notice of non-filing.
The notice will:
- indicate which filing period is past-due and the medallion number it is for, and
- instruct you to file the past-due return or provide an explanation.
If you do not file or respond by the due date, you will be subject to disciplinary action.
If you did not own the medallion for the period indicated on the notice, contact the Tax Department at 518-457-5735.
If you have not filed your return
- Log in or create a Business Online Services account.
- File and pay your trip tax for the period indicated on your notice.
- Print your confirmation page for your records.
See Taxicab Web File to get started.
If you have filed your return
If you have filed your return, review your confirmation notice to ensure that all your medallions were included in your filing. To access your confirmation notice, you must:
- Log in to your Business Online Services account.
- Locate the Account messages section at the top of the Welcome Center homepage; and
- Locate the message with the description Web File Confirmation.
If your confirmation notice indicates that you have filed for each of your medallions, contact the Tax Department at 518-457-5735.
If you have an agent and received a past-due notice, speak with your agent and have the agent file a return for the period indicated on your notice.