Skip to main content

Recordkeeping: employment incentive credit

When claiming this credit, you must keep the following required documentation for your records:

  • employee information, including:
    • names
    • Social Security numbers
    • hire dates
    • termination dates
  • organizational chart that includes entity names, identification numbers, and percentage of ownership

Note: We may require additional information based on the specific facts of your credit claim.

To claim the credit, you’ll need to file:

  • Form CT-46, Claim for Investment Tax Credit, if you’re a corporation; or
  • Form IT-212, Investment Tax Credit, and Form IT-212-ATT, Claim for Historic Barn Rehabilitation Credit and Incentive Credit, if you’re not a corporation.

See Employment incentive credit for detailed information about the credit and to access the credit forms.