Corporation tax e-file information for software developers
Important updates for tax year 2020
CT-400 Business object (BO) for tax year 2020: we removed the TOT_PYMT_ENCSD_AMT field. If your software is approved for tax year 2020, you must update and use tax year 2020 software to submit these estimated payments. If your software is not approved for tax year 2020, we will give partial approval for CT-400.
We will use the address provided in the tiCorp business object address fields for mailing; it is imperative that a complete and accurate address is provided. In addition, you must display the Tax Department address fields on any New York State tax return filers view or print. The Tax Department uses MAIL_LN_2_ADR as the primary address line, and MAIL_LN_1_ADR to capture any address data overflow from MAIL_LN_2_ADR, followed by In Care Of Name (omit the care of name if there is not enough space). The address overflow should not simply cut off at character position 30 and overflow the remaining characters to MAIL_LN_1_ADR; the overflow data must be a logical unit, for example, overflow APT 5A instead of APT on one line and 5A on another.
The New York State Department of Taxation and Finance participates in the Fed/State 1120 Corporation Tax e-file program, under the IRS MeF architecture. Electronic return originators (EROs) authorized by the IRS to e-file federal corporation tax returns are also authorized to e-file corporation tax returns with New York State.
All corporation tax software must pass a series of tests each year. Using the New York State test packet, software developers must:
- submit returns via the IRS assurance test system (ATS) test site for every return the software supports, and
- provide a separate software vendor identification (ID) for each software product.
The New York State Tax Department will approve the software vendor ID once all forms testing is completed successfully.
For the current status of MeF production systems, see MeF Status Page.
Tax year 2021
- Tax Year 2021 Schema library v2.0 (Updated September 17, 2021, 2021; Version 2.0)
- Tax Year 2021 State Spreadsheet v2.0 (Updated September 17, 2021, 2021; Version 2.0)
- Tax Year 2021 e-file Test Packet (TBA)
- Tax Year 2021 Forms with Element Names (Updated September 17, 2021; Version 2.0)
Tax year 2020
- Tax Year 2020 Schema library v4.0 (Updated November 12, 2020; Version 4.0)
- Tax Year 2020 State Spreadsheet v3.0 (Updated December 30, 2020; Version 3.0)
- Tax Year 2020 e-file Test Packet (Updated December 28, 2020)
- Tax Year 2020 Forms with Element Names (Updated October 09, 2020; Version 3.0)
Tax year 2019
- Tax Year 2019 Schema library v4.0 (Updated December 13, 2019; Version 4.0)
- Tax Year 2019 State Spreadsheet v4.0 (Updated December 13, 2019; Version 4.0)
- Tax Year 2019 e-file Test Packet (Updated December 13, 2019)
- Tax Year 2019 Forms with Element Names (Updated September 6, 2019; Version 2.0)
Tax year 2018
- Tax Year 2018 Schema library v3.0 (Updated November 1, 2018; Version 3.0)
- Tax Year 2018 State Spreadsheet v3.0 (Updated November 1, 2018; Version 3.0)
- Tax Year 2018 e-file Test Packet (Updated January 4, 2019)
- Tax Year 2018 Forms with Element Names (Updated December 27, 2018; Version 3.0)
- e-file Forms and Publications
- Forms supported for e-file
- Approved Software Developers
- How to contact us
- Summary of filing and payment methods