Farm workforce retention credit
Who is eligible?
For tax years beginning on or after January 1, 2017, and before January 1, 2026, you are entitled to this refundable credit if you:
- are a farm employer or an owner of a farm employer, and
- you have an eligible farm employee.
How much is the credit?
The farm workforce retention credit is equal to a fixed dollar amount per eligible farm employee. The credit amounts per eligible farm employee by tax year are shown in the table below:
|Tax years beginning on or after||Credit amount per eligible farm employee|
|January 1, 2017, and before January 1, 2018||$250|
|January 1, 2018, and before January 1, 2019||$300|
|January 1, 2019, and before January 1, 2020||$500|
|January 1, 2020, and before January 1, 2021||$400|
|January 1, 2021, and before January 1, 2022||$600|
|January 1, 2022, and before January 1, 2026||$1,200|
A farm employer may not use any farm employees used in the computation of the farm workforce retention credit to claim any other tax credit.
- TSB-M-16(7)C, (5)I, Farm Workforce Retention Credit
- Form CT-647, Farm Workforce Retention Credit, and its instructions (for corporations)
- Form IT-647, Farm Workforce Retention Credit, and its instructions (for all others)
To learn about other New York State tax credits available to businesses, see Business incentives.