Form DTF-95, Business Tax Account Update
To update your business address or phone, responsible persons (sales tax only), and other business information:
- Log in to your Business Online Services account or create one.
- Select the ≡ Services menu in the upper left-hand corner of your Account Summary homepage.
- Select Registrations and account updates.
- From the expanded menu, select the appropriate option.
Other business information includes:
- owner or officer
- NAICS code (if you changed or expanded your business activity)
- identification number
- legal name
- DBA or assumed name
Change of entity
To request a change of entity (for instance, from an LLC to a corporation, or from a sole proprietorship to an LLC), visit the Department of State.
To report a completed change of entity, call the Business Tax Information Center.
Sale of business
If you plan to sell or transfer the assets of your business, give each prospective buyer a copy of Form TP-153, Notice to Prospective Purchasers of a Business or Business Assets.
Report a change of business information by mail
To report a completed change of entity, call the Business Tax Information Center. There is no paper option.