Form DTF-95, Business Tax Account Update
To update your business address or phone, responsible persons (sales tax only), and other business information:
- Log in to your Business Online Services account or create one.
- Select the ≡ Services menu in the upper left-hand corner of your Account Summary homepage.
- Select Registrations and account updates.
- From the expanded menu, select the appropriate option.
Other business information includes:
- owner or officer
- NAICS code (if you changed or expanded your business activity)
- identification number
- legal name
- DBA or assumed name
Change of entity
To request a change of entity (for instance, from an LLC to a corporation, or from a sole proprietorship to an LLC), visit the Department of State.
To report a completed change of entity, call the Business Tax Information Center.
Sale of business
If you sold or transferred your business, or part or all of your inventory, you must complete and file Form AU-196.10, Notification of Sales, Transfer or Assignment in Bulk.
Report a change of business information by mail
To report a completed change of entity, call the Business Tax Information Center. There is no paper option.