Enroll in the STAR Credit Direct Deposit program!
If you received this letter (Form RP-5310-DDO), as a School Tax Relief (STAR) credit recipient, you can now have your STAR credit deposited directly into your bank account. It is the easiest and fastest way to receive your STAR credit.
When you choose direct deposit, you will:
- receive your STAR credit quicker,
- eliminate the hassle of cashing a check, and
- have peace of mind (no lost or undeliverable checks).
To ensure you receive your STAR credit by direct deposit this year, be sure to enroll as soon as possible. If you enroll fewer than 15 days before we issue your STAR credit, or if we cannot deposit using the bank account you provide, you will receive a check this year.
To find out when we will issue STAR credits in your area, use our STAR Credit Delivery Schedule.
If you already have an Individual Online Services account:
1. Use your username and password to log in to your Online Services account.
2. Select the ≡ Services menu in the upper-left corner. You will find the application for STAR Credit Direct Deposit in the Real property tax menu.
If you do not have an Individual Online Services account:
- See Online Services.
- Provide one of the following so we can verify your identity and protect your tax information:
- Information reported on your Form IT-201, Resident Income Tax Return, or Form IT-203, Non-resident and Part-Year Resident Income Tax Return, filed for one of the past five years
- The ten-digit assessment ID number from a New York State tax bill (open or closed)
- Confirmation that you have not filed a New York State income tax return for any of the past five years
- Follow the prompts to finish creating your account, then select the ≡ Services menu in the upper-left corner of your Account Summary homepage.
- Choose Real property tax, then STAR Credit Direct Deposit from the expanded menu.
- After entering your bank account information, review it to confirm it is correct.
After you enroll
You can expect to receive your STAR credit before the deadline for school taxes in your school district.