PrompTax Petroleum Business Tax
|ACH debit||How to complete a debit payment transaction.
Contact your bank to make sure you don't have a debit block.
|ACH credit||Specifications that must be adhered to for a credit payment.|
|Certified check||Where to mail your certified check, and other details.|
|Fedwire||A same-day electronic funds transfer system.|
|Emergency fedwire||Fast payment if you missed a deadline.|
Note: See Technical support solutions to view our new minimum browser requirements for credit card and PrompTax payments.
Payment and filing due dates
The filing and tax payment due date is three business days following the 22nd of the month for which you're reporting. (Note that holidays may change the due date.) Deadlines for when you must initiate your transaction differ by payment method. See TR-682-N, Participation Notification and Overview for Electronic Filing and Payment Program (PrompTax).
Your PrompTax electronic payment transaction will include two components for days 1 through 22 of the current month:
- a field to report the amount of payment attributable to Article 12-A (combined motor fuel and diesel motor fuel excise tax); and,
- another field to report Article 13-A (petroleum business tax only).
|Holidays||Non-business days for the determination of tax due dates.|
For more help or information
- Visit the Business Answer Center
- see PrompTax forms
- Call the PrompTax Customer Service Center at (518) 457-2332
- Sign up for our Subscription Service and get tax-related news e-mailed directly to you