International fuel tax agreement (IFTA) renewal
IFTA renewal period is now open
You must renew your IFTA credentials by December 31, 2023. Renew your IFTA license and pay your decal fees online at One Stop Credentialing and Registration (OSCAR). It's fast, easy and secure.
International Fuel Tax Agreement (IFTA) licenses and decals expire December 31, 2023.
Get ready to renew your licenses now to ensure your decals arrive in time to place on your vehicles by January 1, 2024. IFTA renewal begins November 1, 2023, unless it falls on a Saturday, Sunday, or legal holiday, then renewal will begin on the next business day.
Before you renew
- Log in to your Business Online Services account and review your account summary for outstanding bills or delinquent returns. We cannot issue your renewal license and decals if you have any outstanding IFTA or highway use tax liabilities.
- Confirm the address we have on file for you; this is the address we will mail your decals to. If your address is incorrect, you may update it online:
- Log in to your Business Online Services account.
- Select the ≡ Services menu.
- Select Registrations and account updates.
- Select Business change of address.
If you need further assistance, call the Miscellaneous Business Tax Center, Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Select option 2 to speak with an IFTA representative.
Beginning November 1, 2023
Renew your credentials and pay your renewal fees online with One Stop Credentialing and Registration (OSCAR). To ensure you receive your license and decals before the current ones expire, submit your renewal application by November 30, 2023.
- If you are already enrolled in OSCAR, use your current OSCAR password to renew online.
- If you are not enrolled, visit OSCAR, and select Enroll Now. You must have a United States Department of Transportation (USDOT) number and an employer identification number (EIN). It’s fast, easy, and secure.
- If you are unable to renew electronically, you may file Form IFTA-21, New York State International Fuel Tax Agreement (IFTA) Application.
There is an $8 fee for each set of two decals ordered. You may pay online from your OSCAR account using one of the following options:
- from a bank account, using electronic funds transfer (EFT)
- with your credit or debit card
To pay by check or money order, you must submit Form IFTA-21-V, Voucher and Instructions for International Fuel Tax Agreement (IFTA) Licenses and Decals Renewed Electronically, with your payment. Form IFTA-21-V is available only through OSCAR.
Your renewal license and decals are valid and may be displayed beginning in November 2023. Your current year license and decals remain valid and may be displayed through February 29, 2024.
- Fuel use tax/international fuel tax agreement (IFTA)
- Publication 536, International Fuel Use Tax Agreement (IFTA) A Guide for New York State Carriers
- Highway use tax
- Excluded and Exempt Vehicles - Highway Use Tax