How to estimate the tax
You should use one of the forms below to compute your estimated tax payments. You can pay electronically, check balances, and review payments in your estimated tax account by creating an Online Services account.
If you are married and filing a joint New York State income tax return, both spouses should establish their own estimated tax account. We will credit the balances of both accounts to your joint income tax return.
- Form IT-2105, Estimated Tax Payment Voucher for Individuals, and its instructions.
- If you pay by credit card or directly from your bank account, you do not have to file Form IT-2105 for that payment period.
- Form IT-2106, Estimated Income Tax Payment Voucher for Fiduciaries, and its instructions.
Nonresident individuals, estates, and trusts
Use these forms to compute the estimated tax due on the sale or transfer of real property or a co-op in New York State:
- Form IT-2663, Nonresident Real Property Estimated Income Tax Payment Form, and its instructions.
- Form IT-2664, Nonresident Cooperative Unit Estimated Income Tax Payment Form, and its instructions.
Partnerships and New York S corporations
- Form IT-2658, Report of Estimated Tax for Nonresident Individual Partners and Shareholders, and its instructions.
- Form CT-2658, Report of Estimated Tax for Corporate Partners, and its instructions.