Recordkeeping: alcoholic beverage production credit
When claiming this credit, you must keep the following required documentation for your records:
- copies of Form MT-456, Alcoholic Beverages Tax Return, for each month of the tax year if you file monthly, or for the tax year if you file annually
- copies of Form MT-40, Return of Tax on Wines, Liquors, Alcohol, and Distilled or Rectified Spirits, for each month of the tax year
- copies of Form MT-41, Beverage Inventories and Purchases, for each month of the tax year
- copies of Form MT-50, Beer Tax Return, for each month of the tax year
- copies of Form MT-60, Cider Tax Return, for the tax year
- organizational chart that includes entity names, identification numbers, and percentage of ownership
Note: We may require additional information based on the specific facts of your credit claim.
To claim the credit, you’ll need to file either:
- Form CT-636, Alcoholic Beverage Production Credit, if you’re a corporation; or
- Form IT-636, Alcoholic Beverage Production Credit, if you’re not a corporation.
See Alcoholic beverage production credit for detailed information about the credit and to access the credit forms.