Sales tax e-file mandate for monthly sales tax filers
You must use Sales Tax Web File to file sales and use tax returns and electronically pay any balance due.
This mandate affects you if you file Form ST-810, New York State and Local Quarterly Sales and Use Tax Return for Part-Quarterly (Monthly) Filers, and your business meets these three conditions:
- you do not use a tax preparer to prepare the required filings;
- you use a computer to prepare, document, or calculate your tax forms; and
- you have broadband Internet access.
To get started, you will need to:
- Create an Online Services account, if you do not already have one. View our demos to learn how to create your account and use Sales Tax Web File.
- Log in to your account and then select the ‘Sales Tax Web File' link.
Also see our Sales Tax Web File worksheets, provided to help you organize Web File information in the correct order and format.
If you cannot Web File, continue to paper Form ST-810, New York State and Local Quarterly Sales and Use Tax Return for Part-Quarterly (Monthly) Filers, but first learn how to avoid common sales tax filing errors.