Skip to main content

Enhanced Form IT-203, Nonresident and Part-Year Resident Income Tax Return

Electronic filing for income tax is closed; you cannot submit e-filed income tax returns until the new filing season opens in 2023. We anticipate the season will open in late January.

Enhanced paper filing with a fill-in form

Electronic filing is the fastest, safest way to file—but if you must file a paper Nonresident and Part-Year Resident Income Tax Return, use our enhanced fill-in Form IT-203 with 2D barcodes.

Benefits include:

  • no more handwriting—type your entries directly into our form
  • automatic calculation of your refund or tax due amount—the form does the math
  • a unique 2D barcode printed on every page that securely links your return information to your account
  • fewer errors and faster processing of your return

All taxpayers should save a copy of their return for their files. You can either print a copy of the return or save the return on your computer.

Ready to fill in your form?

Note: We recommend you save the PDF document to your computer and fill out this saved version, instead of accessing the form directly through your Web browser. The form is not available for use with any mobile devices. For more information, see 2D barcode forms help.

This form is not compatible with Linux operating systems.


How was your experience?

Please take our short survey. We appreciate your feedback.

Did you know?

If you file an income tax return and you received federal Form W-2, Wage and Tax Statement, you must also complete Form IT-2 and submit it with your return.


Do not make any handwritten entries on this form. Handwritten entries may cause delays and miscalculations.

Do not submit your original federal Form W-2 to the Tax Department; keep it for your personal records.

Not in a hurry?

Print standard paper Form IT-203Nonresident and Part-Year Resident Income Tax Return (instructions), and complete it by hand.

Demo: New York State Enhanced Fill-in Tax Forms

Demo: New York State Enhanced Fill-in Tax Forms