Enhanced Form IT-201, Resident Income Tax Return
2019 income tax forms are coming soon!
The following forms for tax year 2019 will be available on January 27, 2020:
- IT-201, Resident Income Tax Return (instructions)
- IT-203, Nonresident and Part-Year Resident Income Tax Return (instructions)
- IT-214, Claim for Real Property Tax Credit
- NYC-208, Claim for New York City Enhanced Real Property Tax Credit
- NYC-210, Claim for New York City School Tax Credit
Do not use a prior-year form to file for tax year 2019.
Enhanced paper filing with a fill-in form
Electronic filing is the fastest, safest way to file—but if you must file a paper Resident Income Tax Return, use our enhanced fill-in Form IT-201 with 2D barcodes.
- no more handwriting—type your entries directly into our form
- automatic calculation of your refund or tax due amount—the form does the math
- a unique 2D barcode printed on every page that securely links your return information to your account
- fewer errors and faster processing of your return
Note: We recommend you save the PDF document to your computer and fill out this saved version, instead of accessing the form directly through your Web browser. The form is not available for use with any mobile devices.
All taxpayers should save a copy of their return for their files. You can either print a copy of the return or save the return on your computer.
Ready to fill in your form?
How was your experience?
Please take our short survey. We appreciate your feedback.
Did you know?
If you file an income tax return and you received federal Form W-2, Wage and Tax Statement, you must also complete Form IT-2 and submit it with your return.
Do not submit your original federal Form W-2 to the Tax Department; keep it for your personal records.
Demo: New York State Enhanced Fill-in Tax Forms
Not in a hurry?
Paper Form IT-201, Resident Income Tax Return, is not yet available for the 2019 tax year. Check back on January 27, 2020, to access this form when it becomes available.