Skip to main content

Tax professional authorizations

If you want your tax professional to talk to the department for you, you will need to sign an authorization form for them to do so. Types of authorizations your professional may ask for include:

Online Services

Tax professionals have the ability to access and receive your tax information and perform certain delegated transactions through an online service account on your behalf. To do this, you must give the tax professional your permission. 

E-ZRep Form TR-2000Tax Information Access and Transaction, is the only form that allows a tax professional to have access to your account. You identify what tax types and what services you want your tax professional to perform on your behalf, such as payments, bills and notices, filing sales tax returns, or responding to notices.

You can allow the access until revoked or you can specify a specific date for the access to expire.

Power of attorney

A power of attorney (POA) is a legal document that allow you to appoint an individual or individuals to represent you before the department. 

A power of attorney will allow a tax professional to make legally binding decisions on your behalf. Form POA-1, Power of Attorney, allows you to identify what tax types and what specific tax period you want your tax professional to cover. You can revoke the POA by letting us know.

Continue to next page