Recordkeeping: QEZE credit for real property taxes
When claiming this credit, you must keep the following required documentation for your records:
- Certificate of Eligibility
- Retention Certificate
- copies of all property tax bills
- copies of canceled checks or other supporting documentation as proof of payment
- federal depreciation reports showing the basis in the real property on the date of certification and last day of the tax year
- PILOT agreements, if applicable (along with limitation computation and supporting documentation)
- leases, if applicable
- Capital Investment Limitation, if applicable
- employee information, including names, Social Security numbers, numbers of hours worked per quarter, and wages and benefits per quarter (along with supporting documentation)
- if claiming any locations which are not listed on the Certificate of Eligibility, a letter from Empire Zone Coordinator stating the addresses you’re claiming are located in the Empire Zone
- organizational chart that includes entity names, identification numbers, and percentage of ownership
Note: We may require additional information based on the specific facts of your credit claim.
To claim the credit, you’ll need to file:
- Form CT-606, Claim for QEZE Credit for Real Property Taxes, if you’re a corporation;
- Form CT-604-CP, Claim for QEZE Credit for Real Property Taxes and QEZE Tax Reduction Credit For Corporate Partners, if you're a corporate partner; or
- Form IT-606, Claim for QEZE Credit for Real Property Taxes, if you’re not a corporation or corporate partner.
See Qualified Empire Zone Enterprise (QEZE) credit for real property taxes for detailed information about the credit and to access the credit forms.