Recordkeeping: clean heating fuel credit
When claiming this credit, you must keep the following required documentation for your records:
- copies of all bills from the suppliers
- copies of all invoices from the suppliers
- Invoices must include:
- date of purchase
- number of gallons of bioheating fuel purchased
- percentage of biodiesel included in the bioheating fuel
- organizational chart that includes entity names, identification numbers, and percentage of ownership
Note: We may require additional information based on the specific facts of your credit claim.
To claim the credit, you’ll need to file either:
- Form CT-241, Claim for Clean Heating Fuel Credit, if you’re a corporation; or
- Form IT-241, Claim for Clean Heating Fuel Credit, if you’re not a corporation.
See Clean heating fuel credit for detailed information about the credit and to access the credit forms.