Brownfield Credit Reports through 2021
For tax years beginning on or after April 1, 2005, a taxpayer participating in the Brownfield Cleanup Program (BCP) who enters into a brownfield site cleanup agreement (BCA) with the Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) may be eligible for three tax credits relating to the cleanup and redevelopment of a brownfield site. These tax credits are:
- the brownfield redevelopment tax credit,consisting of the site preparation, on-site groundwater remediation, and tangible property credit components;
- the remediated brownfield credit for real property taxes; and
- the environmental remediation insurance credit.
Each year by January 31st, the Tax Department is mandated to report on the claims for each of these three credits.
The following data sets are accessible through New York State's Open Data site, Open New York. Statistical table views are available to provide tables comparable to those found in prior-year reports. All data can be downloaded in multiple static formats.
- Brownfield Redevelopment Tax Credit
- Brownfield Real Property Tax Credit and Environmental Remediation Insurance Credit
For information on claiming these credits, see Brownfield Tax Credits.
For details about the brownfield redevelopment tax credit's (BRTC) three components, see:
- the BRTC Rule Changes, which provide the rules for each component, and
- the BRTC Rate Structure, which provides the percentages for computing the credit components.
Both the rules and credit rates are based on the acceptance date of qualified sites in the BCP.