Skip to main content
Department of Taxation and Finance

Passive Foreign Investment Companies (PFIC) tax liability

For each tax year of the voluntary disclosure, compute and report the tax liability as follows:

  1. Report any PFIC income, gain, or loss for the tax year as "Other Income" on the appropriate income tax return.  For example, a resident individual would report the income on Line 15 of Form IT-201, Resident Income Tax Return, or line 15 of Form IT-201-X, Amended Resident Income Tax Return, as appropriate.  (Note: For resident individuals filing amended returns for tax years 2006 and earlier, show the income as an increase or decrease to federal adjusted gross income on Line 1 of Form IT-201-X for those years.)
  2. When submitting the returns, attach the schedules that justify the computation of the PFIC income or loss. The supporting schedules may mirror the income/loss schedules for Federal Form 8621, Return by a Shareholder of a Passive Foreign Investment Company or Qualified Electing Fund.