Corporation tax extension request forms (current year)
Were you or your business affected by the winter storms in December of 2022 in Erie, Genesee, Niagara, St. Lawrence, or Suffolk Counties?
If you were unable to file and pay your taxes on time due to this disaster, you should still file as soon as possible. If you need filing resources or more information, please contact us.
|Form number||Instructions||Form title|
|CT-5.1||CT-5.1-I||Request for Additional Extension of Time to File (for franchise/business taxes, MTA surcharge, or both)|
You can file all other extension requests online. Most corporation taxpayers are required to file their extensions electronically. You may file the forms listed below online. If you're e-filing with approved software or using our Web File online service and want to read the form instructions, see the corporation tax extension request instructions.
- Form CT-5, Request for Six-Month Extension to File (for franchise/business taxes, MTA surcharge, or both)
- Form CT-5.3, Request for Six-Month Extension to File (for combined franchise tax return or combined MTA surcharge return, or both)
- Form CT-5.4, Request for Six-Month Extension to File New York S Corporation Franchise Tax Return
- Form CT-5.6, Request for Three-Month Extension to File Form CT-186 (for utility corporation franchise tax return, MTA surcharge return, or both)
- Form CT-5.9, Request for Three-Month Extension to File (for certain Article 9 tax returns, MTA surcharge, or both)
- Form CT-5.9-E, Request for Three-Month Extension to File Form CT-186-E (for telecommunications tax return and utility services tax return)
How to file online
File using our Online Services or your NYS approved e-file software. To use our Online Services, create an account, log in, and select File a corporation tax online extension.
If you are unable to file electronically, call (518) 457-5431 and request a form.