Corporation tax extension request forms (current year)
|Form number||Instructions||Form title|
|CT-5.1||Instructions on form||Request for Additional Extension of Time to File (for franchise/business taxes, MTA surcharge, or both)|
You can file all other extension requests online. Most corporation taxpayers are required to file their extensions electronically. You may file the forms listed below online. If you're e-filing with approved software or using our Web File online service and want to read the form instructions, see the corporation tax extension request instructions.
- Form CT-5, Request for Six-Month Extension to File (for franchise/business taxes, MTA surcharge, or both)
- Form CT-5.3, Request for Six-Month Extension to File (for combined franchise or combined MTA surcharge return, or both)
- Form CT-5.4, Request for Six-Month Extension to File New York S Corporation Franchise Tax Return
- Form CT-5.9, Request for Three-Month Extension to File (for Article 9 tax return, MTA surcharge, or both)
- Form CT-5.9-E, Request for Three-Month Extension to File Form CT-186-E
How to file online
File using our Online Services or your NYS approved e-file software. To use our Online Services, create an account, log in, and select File a corporation tax online extension. We offer several tools to help you:
If you are unable to file electronically, call (518) 457-5431 and request a form.