Personal income tax and partnerships
- all returns and extensions
- all documents for monthly, quarterly, and annual filers
- returns for Articles 9-A and 13; Form CT-245
- all extensions
- estimated tax payments which can be made using either:
o Tax Department approved software, or
o your Online Services account
- returns but not extensions
Other business tax returns
- International Fuel Tax Agreement (IFTA) quarterly returns (starting with the return due July 31, 2012)
- Beverage container tax returns
- Petroleum Business tax estimated payments for select filers.
How to e-file income tax, partnership, fiduciary and corporation tax returns and extensions
- Use approved software to e-file returns and extensions.
- If your software doesn't support e-file, you must get approved e-file software for the tax types that you prepare.
- Get an Electronic Filer Identification Number (EFIN) issued by the IRS and be authorized to e-file the equivalent federal returns.
- You must e-file extensions, even if the subsequent return cannot be e-filed.
- You must e-file prior year returns if they are supported by your software.
- You can create an Online Services account for Tax Professionals to Web File income tax, partnership and corporation tax extensions and estimated tax payments.
How to e-file sales tax returns
- Create an Online Services account for Tax Professionals and gain access to your client accounts.
- Log in and select Sales Tax for reporting instructions and guidance.
- See Sales Tax Web File for more information about the new Web File enhancements and capabilities.
For more information