Select the type of account that you'd like to create.
Individual - Select this category if you:
- file a New York State personal income tax return (IT-201 or IT-203);
- are a resident of New York or a non resident who has New York source income from services you perform in New York State or have other New York source income; or
- are a tax preparer and were paid to prepare 10 or more tax returns in this calendar year and will be paid to prepare at least one return during the next calendar year; or will be paid to prepare 10 or more returns in the next calendar year.
Fiduciary - Select this category if you:
- file Form IT-205, Fiduciary Income Tax Return;
- are an individual, company, or association responsible for managing the assets of another; or
- are a trustee, responsible for managing the finances of a minor, an executor of wills and estates, or a receiver in bankruptcy.
Business - Select this category if you're:
- an owner, officer, or employee of a company that has New York State tax filing obligations for sales tax, corporation tax, withholding and employment taxes, or other business taxes;
- a corporation or S corporation;
- a sole proprietor, a business owned or operated by one person;
- a partnership, which includes a syndicate, group, pool, joint venture, or other unincorporated organization that is carrying on a trade or business; or
- a limited liability partnership (LLP) or a limited liability company (LLC), is a partnership that provides professional services and has registered as a limited liability partnership, or is an unincorporated organization of one or more members, each having limited liability for the contractual and other liabilities of the company, formed for any lawful business purpose.
Tax Professional - Select this category if you or your company:
- file New York State tax returns and make payments for your clients;
- view and pay New York State tax bills or request Installment Payment Agreements for your clients;
- access New York State tax information for your clients; or
- speak to New York State Department representatives on behalf of clients and receive confidential taxpayer information relating to their filings, bills and notices.